After care practices
MICRO-PIGMENTATION AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
The day of treatment: Absorb
After the procedure, gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every few hours or as needed. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids.
Days 1-10: Wash
Washing gently to remove bacteria, build up of product and oils and dead skin. Don’t worry this does not remove the pigment!
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and gentle baby shampoo or cetaphil. With a very light touch, use your clean fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rinse well with water assuring all soap is washed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT USE ANY cleaning products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants of any kind.
Days 1-10: Moisturize
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment (aquaphor) provided by your esthetician with a clean q-tip and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. Apply the ointment every 3-4 hours days 1- 7.
Important Tips: Please follow for best results!
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking will cause scarring or loss of pigment/color.
- No facials, botox, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid hot sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure, including tanning beds
- Wear a hat when out doors
- Avoid long hot showers for first 10 days, do not put face directly in water stream of shower
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid swimming and going under water, lakes, and hot tubs for first 10 days
- Avoid make-up and sunscreen on the treated area
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.